IEEE 802.15.4 is a wireless communication protocol often used in smart home applications. With low power consumption, it enables the connectivity of devices such as lamps, thermostats, sensors, and outlets. Applications range from lighting control to security systems and industrial use. Through wireless mesh networks and the IEEE standard 802.15.4, it provides energy efficiency and fast communication.
The ZB802 Module enables IEEE 802.15.4 wireless connectivity and can be used with the ZigBee* protocol.
The key features are:
- Enhanced kernel driver support
- Supported by Linux kernel open source drivers (virtual serial device)
- Supports firmware updates
- Plug & Play support by openHAB
|IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee*
|Max. power consumption
|Operating temp. range
|-20°C – 70°C
* The compatibility is not certified, it is a third-party accessory.